You may not think much about taking showers, but have you ever thought about the last time a homeless person took a shower? ShowerUp, (a local mobile shower) thinks about it a lot. They help homeless people in Nashville TN take showers and I want to help raise awareness for this very kind group.
This summer, my goal is to collect 150 items to donate to ShowerUp. You can help from near or far! I am collecting items in Spring Hill, TN. You can drop them off at my house, or my parents will help me pick them up at your house! I will also be at my Grandparents in Ripley WV during the first two weeks of July, and would love to bring some items back to TN to support ShowerUp!
Items I am collecting include:
- Money (email my Mom and I at firstname.lastname@example.org for paypal info or our mailing address. 100% of your donation will go to ShowerUp!)
- New or slightly used towels and washcloths
- Shampoo (any size)
- Bodywash (any size)
- Shower Sponges (Poufeys!)
- Combs and Brushes
- New Underwear (all sizes)It may be a little bit gross but they need it!
- New Socks (all sizes)
- Prayers. Please pray that I exceed my goal, for ShowerUp and the homeless people in Nashville. If your parents say they can’t help, just say have a good day to people you meet and it will have the same effect.
Please comment or send me an email if you are willing to help. I will update later this week!